See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- Community digest: Virtual exhibitions help make Estonian artworks accessible to everyone; news in brief: The Wikimedia community in Estonia has partnered with several museums in the country to help unveil their collections through Wikimedia projects. The first virtual art exhibition, focusing on art f...
July 21, 2018
- Wikimedia Foundation announces Tanya Capuano as new Trustee, alongside leadership appointments at 14th annual Wikimania: Tanya Capuano brings deep expertise in technology, organizational strategy, and financial planning and analysis to the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
July 20, 2018
- Wikipedia volunteers and free knowledge leaders gather in Cape Town for the first annual “Wikimania” conference in sub-saharan Africa: First ever Wikimania in sub-Saharan Africa will be held in Cape Town, bringing together more than 700 people to discuss how to improve the diversity of knowledge represented on Wikipedia and Wikime...
July 20, 2018
- Wikimedia releases ninth transparency report: Our newly-released transparency report highlights the requests we received in the first half of 2018.
July 20, 2018
- Wikimedia Foundation and Kiwix partner to grow offline access to Wikipedia: The Wikimedia Foundation and Switzerland-based Kiwix announce a global collaboration to increase offline access to Wikipedia and the Wikimedia sites.
July 18, 2018
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.