(Redirected from Wikimedia Foundation archives/Chair)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page has been archived.
Its content is no longer being maintained and is likely out of date.
This page can be relocated to Meta-Wiki.
The chair is a board member.
The role of the Chair of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is to
- Oversee board meetings
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to make sure board resolutions are carried out
- Call special meetings if necessary
- Work with the ED in preparing agenda for board meetings
- Work with the ED in conducting new board member orientation
- Oversee searches for a new ED
- Assist the Audit Committee
- Coordinate ED's annual performance evaluation
- Work with the board to recruit new board members
- Act as an alternate spokesperson for the organization
- Periodically consult with board members on their roles and help them assess their performance
- Perform all duties as from time to time may be assigned by the board
- Ensure trustees are informed of corporation activities