|←Resolutions||Creating and authorizing the Executive Director Search Steering Committee||Errors?→|
|This resolution was approved by the Board of Trustees on April 22, 2016.|
Whereas, the Board of Trustees wishes to establish a steering group to recruit and identify a new Executive Director;
Now, therefore, be it:
Resolved, the Board hereby creates an advisory committee for the purpose of searching for, selecting, and recommending candidates for the position of Executive Director of the Wikimedia Foundation and overseeing the transition process (the “Transition Steering Group”).
The Transition Steering Group will consist of Kelly Battles, Lisa Gruwell, Katy Horn, Guy Kawasaki, Dariusz Jemielniak, and Alice Wiegand. The head of the Transition Steering Group will be Alice.
The Board hereby authorizes and directs the Transition Steering Group to take such further action as may be necessary or advisable to carry out its purpose. In addition to the foregoing, the Transition Steering Group is specifically authorized and directed to:
- (1) engage professional consultants or search firms and consult the community as necessary to assist with identifying, evaluating, and selecting candidates, and, upon approval of the Board, hiring the Executive Director;
- (2) determine and modify the job description for the new Executive Director position, after prior consultation with the Board;
- (3) base recruitment on the compensation package recommended by the Human Resources Committee;
- (4) consult additional non-voting members of the Transition Steering Group, as appropriate for its purpose; and
- (4) report on the Transition Steering Group's progress to the Board.
The duties of the Transition Steering Group will conclude after the new Executive Director joins the Wikimedia Foundation, unless otherwise directed by the Board.
- Patricio Lorente (Chair), Jimmy Wales, Frieda Brioschi, Guy Kawasaki, Dariusz Jemielniak, Kelly Battles, and Maria Sefidari
- Alice Wiegand (Vice Chair)