As mentionned quickly in previous emails, the board is having a meeting in Rotterdam friday, saturday and sunday.
There will be as well formal or informal meeetings from today till sunday, with professionals, potential partners, or wikipedians; Some of us will visit our facility of Amsterdam, or Kennisnet, or our bank in Belgium. Consequently, most board members and some foundation employees will be hard to talk with on mailing lists or irc this week. We'll be back all fresh and full of news next week.
Agenda for this first meeting of the year is very roughly going along those lines.
- Budget and finances (friday morning). Essentially reporting on the last fundraising. Planification of next fundraising. Brainstorming over our "business model" (endowment etc). In short, generally planning the financial strategy for the coming year.
- Audit (friday end of afternoon). Planning audit of this financial year and implementation of some of the suggestions made by the auditors. We'll also meet with Dedalus.
- Personnel issues (saturday afternoon). Discussion about all the possible job openings for 2007, prioritize and identify/discuss possible candidates. Office organization. Staff relationships and roles. Volunteers jobs etc...
- Technical summit (sunday).
- Brainstorming on quality (sunday)
These are the biggest bits. There are also other issues, which we may or may not discuss according to time availability. Most issues on current agenda are in relation to points number 1 and 2 of our general guideline for year 2007 (sustainability and quality). I hope sunday in particular will be an opportunity to discuss and draft directions for points 3 and 4 (outreach and recognition by non profit world), to expand further in the coming year.
As already mentionned, there is a wikimeet on friday evening as well :-) and hopefully many stroopwafels during the time in Rotterdam.
See you next week on this very list for more.
Chair Wikimedia Foundation
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-January/026515.html (4 wishes)
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-January/027268.html (welcome to Carolyn)
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-January/027271.html (Welcome to the advisory group)
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-January/027171.html (Welcome to Sandy)
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-February/027455.html (Welcome to Delphine)
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-February/027478.html (Executive director)
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-February/027479.html (how to deal with no ED)
- http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-February/027477.html (retaining a search firm)