Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Brin Wojcicki Foundation Announces $500,000 Grant to Wikimedia
- 18 November 2011 The Brin Wojcicki Foundation has also funded such organizations as the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
- Wikipedia’s Contributors and Authors at the Center of Wikimedia’s Eighth Annual Fundraiser
- 16 November 2011 The annual fundraiser brings in critical revenue so that Wikipedia and its sister projects can remain freely available to people around the world. Funds raised in this campaign by Wikimedia and its regional chapters will be used to maintain Wikimedia’s server infrastructure and improve software, expand global reach, and provide direct support to a global volunteer community. The Foundation's total 2011-12 planned spending is $28.3 million USD.
- Indigo Trust awards Wikimedia a Grant for Mobile Improvements
- 14 October 2011 Funds will go toward upgrading Wikimedia’s mobile platform, which will enable Wikimedia to better reach the millions of people in the developing world and low-income communities everywhere.
- Stanton Foundation Awards Wikimedia $3.6 Million for Technology Improvements
- 5 October 2011 Grant will fund major investments in the technology infrastructure that supports Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Wikimedia Foundation Announces 2011-2012 Board of Trustees and Elected Officers
- 3 August 2011 Announcement follows Board meeting at Wikimania, the annual gathering of Wikimedia volunteers in Haifa, Israel.
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation renews $3 million commitment to Wikimedia
- 11 July 2011 Funds will support Wikimedia's strategic plan that focuses on increasing quality, the number and demographic diversity of its editors, and reaching more readers.
- Wikimedia Foundation selects Watchmouse monitoring service
- 9 February 2011 “Live Health” of Wikipedia and additional websites now posted and updated in real time.
- Wikipedia Celebrates 10 Years of Free Knowledge
- 12 January 2011 Wikipedia users and contributors mark the project's first decade with events around the world.
- Half a Million People Donate to Keep Wikipedia Free
- 1 January 2011 $16 million raised by more than 500,000 individual donations during seventh annual giving campaign.