Archive:Volunteering:Email response team leader
(Redirected from Volunteering:Email response team leader)
This page has been archived.
Its content is no longer being maintained and is likely out of date.
This page can be relocated to Meta-Wiki.
- Email response team leader
- Goal of position
- In order manage the Wikimedia Foundation's customer service email system (OTRS) and volunteer activity.
- Sample activities
- supporting the volunteer correspondents (OTRS Agents) in their day-to-day work
- reviewing new applications to OTRS
- creating, managing, and closing OTRS user accounts
- updating boilerplate responses
- creating new queues & roles
- guiding new OTRS volunteers in their first steps
- Length of Commitment
- At volunteer's discretion
- 4 hours week activity
- 15-30 hours/week availability via IRC or other means
- Qualifications sought
- Significant experience as an OTRS volunteer for the Wikimedia Foundation
- Ability to determine suitability of candidates for OTRS
- Ability to manage, encourage & motivate people
- Ability to set goals & priorities
- Benefits to volunteer
- Regular interaction with volunteers speaking multiple languages worldwide
- Acquire a thorough experience of the questions and issues that are raised by Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects in the real world
- Customer service experience
- Team management experience
- How to apply
Please send a cover letter and some details about yourself as to why the foundation would benefit from your skills in this position by email to carywikimedia.org or by fax to 415.882.0495. Candidates will be required to identify with the Foundation, if not already identified.
For further information, contact Cary by phone at 415.839.6885, extension 601 or by email.
- Date posted
- Closing date