This page has been archived.
Its content is no longer being maintained and is likely out of date.
This page can be relocated to Meta-Wiki.
The chair is a board member.
The role of the Chair of the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is to
- Oversee board meetings
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to make sure board resolutions are carried out
- Call special meetings if necessary
- Work with the ED in preparing agenda for board meetings
- Work with the ED in conducting new board member orientation
- Oversee searches for a new ED
- Assist the Audit Committee
- Coordinate ED's annual performance evaluation
- Work with the board to recruit new board members
- Act as an alternate spokesperson for the organization
- Periodically consult with board members on their roles and help them assess their performance
- Perform all duties as from time to time may be assigned by the board
- Ensure trustees are informed of corporation activities