Archive:Volunteering:Email response statistician
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page has been archived.
Its content is no longer being maintained and is likely out of date.
This page can be relocated to Meta-Wiki.
- (Volunteer) email response statistician
- Goal of position
- To provide an analysis of email requests and responses in the OTRS email response system. This position is for the English Wikipedia info queues.
- Sample activities
- Go through emails and categorize what types of requests come into the system
- Analyze responses for data, including the following:
- Identify poor responses and failed requests
- Present data in a .csv format for reporting
- Time frame
- Length of Commitment
- 2 months (July 1 through August 31)
- Estimated Total Hours
- 80 hours
- At volunteer's discretion [X]
- Specific time: N/A
- Qualifications sought
- Some knowledge of processes and issues in the Wikipedia site.
- A background in statistics and statistical analysis is greatly helpful
- Ability to handle sensitive material
- Benefits to volunteer
- Statistical work experience
- Have an impact on improving Quality of response
- Potential for advancement into additional opportunities
- If you are interested in applying, please send cover letter and CV, biography, resume or pertinent information to cbassrandom text to make this a bit more difficult on the s.p.a.m.b.o.t.s.wikimedia.org. You can also contact Cary for any questions.
- Date posted
12 June 2009