This page has been archived.
Its content is no longer being maintained and is likely out of date.
This page can be relocated to Meta-Wiki.
- Title - Wikimania Scholarships Communications Coordinator
- Wikimania Scholarships Program Description
The 2010 Wikimania Scholarships Program enables a diverse and global group of active Wikimedians and new participants to travel to and attend the Wikimania conference in Gdansk, Poland, from July 9-11, 2010.
- Primary responsibilities of position
- Work with scholarships program manager to develop all communications and information materials for Wikimania Scholarships Program.
- Develop and maintain planning/internal and public wiki pages.
- Sample activities
- Help develop and proof scholarship application wording.
- Develop and maintain public wiki page "About Wikimania Scholarhips" page, including Q & A/ Information for Applicants.
- Participate in periodic online meetings with scholarships program manager and volunteer committee.
- Maintain/update planning wiki pages for volunteer committee: write meeting notes/synopses and post meeting agendas.
- Draft communications to applicants (acceptance, regret, and wait-list letters).
- Vet general inquiries as needed.
- Time frame
February 22 - May 16, 2010
- Estimated Total Hours
- 3-5 hours per week, with bulk of work Mid-March through Mid-April.
- Availability to correspond frequently with scholarships program manager.
- Qualifications sought
- Ability to speak and write well in English.
- Proficiency in wiki editing.
- Strong writing, communications, and editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Discretion and sensitivity when handling applicant and other inquiries.
- Optional language skills (not required): Polish.
- Benefits to volunteering
- Conference fees and lodging during Wikimania 2010. (Travel costs are volunteer's responsibility).
- Gaining experience with doing specific project-related work for the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation
- Building professional communications portfolio.
- Increased association with the Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia community.
- To apply
- Please send a short biography of yourself, including aspects of your activity on the Wikimedia projects. Any information you believe is relevant, is relevant. You may also wish to attach your CV. Send this to Cary Bass, at cary wikimedia dot org. You may also call Cary at 415.839.6885, extension 601.
- Deadline to apply
Thursday, February 18, 2010