This proposal has been approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
It may not be circumvented, eroded, or ignored by Wikimedia Foundation officers or staff nor local policies of any Wikimedia project.
|This vote unanimously approved expanding the Chapters Committee to cover recognizing affiliated Wikimedia groups. It was passed on March 31, 2012.|
The Board of Trustees expands the mandate of the Chapters Committee to include Chapters, Thematic Organizations and User Groups, and directs it to develop a charter defining its scope and annual duties, and a plan for its first year of expanded work, including:
- Recognizing the above affiliation models
- Mentoring would-be affiliated groups until their recognition
The proposed charter and plan should be submitted to the Board by 15 June, for approval by its July 2012 meeting.
- ChapCom Scope
- ChapCom rules of procedure
- A sample charter: from the Audit committee
- Resolution:Recognizing Models of Affiliation
- Phoebe Ayers, Ting Chen, Bishakha Datta, Matt Halprin, Samuel Klein, Arne Klempert, Jan-Bart de Vreede, Jimmy Wales, Kat Walsh, Stu West