|←Resolutions||Appointment of Lila Tretikov as Executive Director||Errors?→|
|This resolution was approved unanimously online on April 10, 2014.|
Whereas, the Board of the Wikimedia Foundation (the "Foundation") appointed a Transition Committee to recommend a candidate for the position of Executive Director of the Foundation;
Whereas, after a comprehensive search and evaluation of qualified candidates, the Committee recommended Lila Tretikov for the position based on her outstanding skills and experience;
Whereas, the Board has independently assessed that recommendation and agrees with it;
Resolved, subject to an employment agreement with the Foundation, the Board hereby selects Lila Tretikov to serve as Executive Director of the Foundation, and appoints her to have the power and authority of Executive Director granted in the Bylaws and all resolutions of the Board, effective on a date to be determined by the Chair of the Board.
- Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws
- Resolution: Appointing and authorizing a transition committee in the search of a new Executive Director (creation of transition committee by the Board of Trustees)
- Resolution: ED Transition Committee Appointment (appointment of Phoebe to the transition committee)
- Jan-Bart, Phoebe, Alice, Ana, Bishakha, Jimmy, Maria, Patricio, Sam, Stu
Certificate of the Secretary of the Board
Pursuant to the above resolution, the Chair has informed the Secretary that Lila Tretikov shall have the power and authority of Executive Director granted in the Bylaws and all resolutions of the Board effective June 1, 2014 (12:01 a.m. PST).
- Signed: Geoff Brigham, Secretary of the Board
- Dated: May 1, 2014