Resolution:Board Priorities FY2020-21
This proposal has been approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
It may not be circumvented, eroded, or ignored by Wikimedia Foundation officers or staff nor local policies of any Wikimedia project.
|←Resolutions||Resolution:Board Priorities FY2020-21||Feedback?→|
|This resolution was approved on September 30, 2020.|
RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees hereby approves the following priorities for the 2020-21 Fiscal Year:
- Create a Board education & accountability plan (Special Projects Committee & HR Committee, working with staff from the Talent & Culture / Learning & Development team)
- Develop a plan to redesign the Board committee structure, and complete that restructure (Esra'a, working primarily with the General Counsel but with involvement from the Executive Director and Board Liaison)
- Expand the Board to 16 Trustees by the end of Q4 (Board Governance Committee, with support from the Board Liaison, Executive Director, and Talent & Culture / Recruiting team)
- Recruit for the Chair position, and develop a Board Chair succession plan (María—potentially working with a new task force—with: participation from the Board Governance Committee, staff support from the Talent & Culture / Recruiting team, and consultation with the Executive Director)
- Develop a succession plan for the Executive Director/CEO and develop a process for CEO evaluation (HR Committee, working with the Chief Talent & Culture Officer)
- Set clear expectations for Trustee behavior (Board Governance Committee, with support from the General Counsel)
- Support the implementation of the Movement Strategy, including the Universal Code of Conduct (Executive Director, Board Liaison, Talent & Culture, and General Counsel, potentially in collaboration with a new community affairs committee)
- María Sefidari (Chair), Nataliia Tymkiv (Vice Chair), Esra'a Al Shafei, Tanya Capuano, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, Lisa Lewin, Raju Narisetti, Jimmy Wales
- Not present
- James Heilman, Dariusz Jemielniak