This proposal has been approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
It may not be circumvented, eroded, or ignored by Wikimedia Foundation officers or staff nor local policies of any Wikimedia project.
|This resolution explaining the plan for board expansion was approved by vote on 7 December 2006.|
Whereas the Board confirms its commitment to expand the number of members on the board of directors
It is hereby resolved that:
- Hereafter, persons appointed to the board shall serve for a term of one year, which may be renewed.
- Hereafter, persons elected from the community shall be appointed for a term of two years.
- The board reaffirms its commitment to expand further in the coming years, and include members with a diverse set of talents, experience, and competencies, the majority of whom are elected or appointed from the community.
- The terms of Jimmy Wales and Michael Davis will expire in December 2007.
- Tim Shell resigns effective 15 December 2006.
- The board appoints Jan-Bart de Vreede to join the board to replace Tim Shell. (Term to expire 31 December 2007)
- The board appoints Florence Devouard to serve until 1 July, 2008.
- The board appoints Oscar van Dillen and Kat Walsh to the Board to serve from 8 December 2006 until 1 July 2007.
- The board anticipates elections will be held in June 2007, for three positions, each for a term of two years.
- The board anticipates elections will be held in June 2008, for three positions, each for a term of two years.
Reference: Resolution:Board expansion committee