|Translations of this page are in the progress of being transferred from Meta-Wiki.
Please do not translate this page's content until the transfer is complete. The translation setup may change once its contents are transferred. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
This proposal has been approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
It may not be circumvented, eroded, or ignored by Wikimedia Foundation officers or staff nor local policies of any Wikimedia project.
Please note that in the event of any differences in meaning or interpretation between the original English version of this content and a translation, the original English version takes precedence.
|This resolution approving the statement of scope for the Communications committee was approved by vote (3 supports) on 20 May 2006.
The Board approves the statement of scope and areas of responsibility of the Communications committee as defined below:
- Coordinating communications with the press, including press releases, interviews, and inquiries.
- Supporting communication between the Wikimedia Foundation and project communities.
- Organizing and coordinating publicity and outreach.
- Supporting and overseeing communication with the general public.
- Maintaining a Wikimedia style guide.
- Reporting on core Wikimedia statistics.
Passed with 3 support votes.