This proposal is regarded as inactive. It has not been voted on by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees and is therefore not a resolution of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Please note that in the event of any differences in meaning or interpretation between the original English version of this content and a translation, the original English version takes precedence.
|←Resolutions||Organisation of Wikimania 2006||Feedback?→|
|This proposal concerning Wikimania 2006 was created on 15 December 2005, but was never voted upon.|
- Wikimania 2006 Requirements.doc (sent by email to board members)
Proposed by Anthere - 15 December 2005
State : discussion. Will be proposed to next board meeting
Object: Wikimania is a regular conference for users of the wiki projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation. The first conference was held in Frankfurt, Germany, on August 4-8, 2005. This resolution outline the specifications of the second conference to be held in mid-2006.
Goals of the event
- A primary goal is to promote the various Wikimedia projects and to help them improve their understanding of one another
- Secondary goals : Promotion
- 2006 specific goals : Contact with academics
- summer time, mid July to mid august
- Boston (USA)
- 3 days general meeting
- 2 hacking days, prior to main days
- we expect 300-500 attendees
- in majority Wikipedians from all over the world
- plus speakers - which may or may not be Wikipedians, with a request for a majority of Wikipedians (70-80 % of speakers)
- plus press (50-200) from all over the world
- plus keynotes speakers (a couple)
- plus sponsors (if interested to visit what they sponsor…)
- we expect to be in the range 100 000 - 300 000 dollars in terms of total expenses. Maximum cost for Foundation must be below 40 000 dollars.
- (please add)
- See Wikimania 2006 Requirements.doc
Board member delegated
- Jimmy Wales:
- Tim Shell:
- Michaël Davis:
- Angela Beesley:
- Florence Devouard: