This proposal has been approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
It may not be circumvented, eroded, or ignored by Wikimedia Foundation officers or staff nor local policies of any Wikimedia project.
|←Resolutions||Updating Affiliations Committee Charter, 2022||Feedback?→|
|This resolution was approved on December 7, 2022.|
Whereas, the Board of Trustees last revised the Charter for the Affiliations Committee (AffCom) in 2013;
Whereas, since 2013, AffCom has adapted in its work and operations in response to the growth and evolution of the Wikimedia affiliate ecosystem;
Whereas, in that time the Board of Trustees has also revised its governance and operational structures, including by creating the Community Affairs Committee; and
Whereas, the Board's liaisons to the Affiliations Committee have discussed and reviewed proposed updates to the AffCom Charter with AffCom and Foundation staff;
Now, therefore, it is
RESOLVED, that the Board adopts the revised Affiliations Committee Charter, as set forth below; and
RESOLVED, that the Board hereby authorizes the Community Affairs Committee to approve future revisions to the Affiliations Committee Charter; and
RESOLVED, that the Board hereby authorizes the Community Affairs Committee to appoint one or more Trustees as liaison(s) to the Affiliations Committee.
- Nataliia Tymkiv (Chair), Esra'a Al Shafei (Vice Chair), Shani Evenstein Sigalov (Vice Chair), Luis Bitenourt-Emilio, Tanya Capuano, Victoria Doronina, Dariusz Jemielniak, Lorenzo Losa, Raju Narisetti, Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight, Jimmy Wales
- Affiliations Committee Charter (2012)
- Resolution: Amendment of Affiliations Committee Charter (February 1, 2013)
- Community Affairs Committee Charter
- Affiliations Committee Charter (December 7, 2022)