I live in Cape Town, South Africa and am a proudly African Wikipedian. Since 2011 I have initiate projects to further the WikiAfrica movement across Africa, and am the co-lead for Wiki In Africa that facilitates projects across Africa galvanising and growing Wikimedia communities that adds African content to the Wikimedia and other Open platforms. I have been a member of the Simple APG committee (since May 2017) and was an Advocacy Working Group member during the Movement Strategy 2030 process from 2018 until end of 2019.
View the grants that I have applied for and worked on.
Here is a partial list of what I have helped to develop from co-conceptualisation and strategy, to ongoing management and communications. These initiatives are involved in that are part of Wiki In Africa initiatives in support of the WikiAfrica movement:
In addition to the above, in 2021, we implemented the following:
I have been previously involved in:
- Wikimania 2018 host team communications liaison
- Wikipedia Primary School
- The GAC as a member
- #OpenAfrica14 Training Course and Toolkits
- Kumusha Takes Wiki
- Wikipedians in Residence Africa
- Kumusha Bus
- On the GLAM-WIKI 2015 Programme Committee
- Share Your Knowledge
- Wiki Indaba 2014
- WikiAfrica Incubator
- Wikimania Bid Cape Town 2015
- Wiki Loves Monuments South Africa in 2012 and 2013
- Curate Africa and Public Culture Course at UCT in 2013
- From 2013 to 2014 I was a member of the board of Wikimedia ZA.
And for fun, here are just a few examples of designs, illustrations, publications and media I have submitted to Commons:
This video was selected as a Featured media file (I am very proud) ...
Here are some other videos I have created from scratch (script, collation, production, voice over, image and music selection, editing, etc.):