Hi. When I click "collapse all departments" at <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Template:Staff_and_contractors?showall=1>, I'm taken to <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Template:Staff_and_contractors?showall=undefined>. The URL is funky, but the functionality seems to be working as expected. --MZMcBride (talk) 04:35, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, fixed. It now omits "showall" from the url instead of setting it to false or undefined. URL is much cleaner now. Krinkle (talk) 16:23, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
- Fixed in this edit. It appears the Expand.js plugin was building a CSS selector that included literal surrounding quotes inside the string (e.g.
selector = "'foobar:first'";) which is obviously invalid and never worked (not now, not before). However previously Sizzle (jQuery's selector engine) would just silently fail, and now it throw an exception (as it should). Fixed now. Krinkle (talk) 18:30, 2 September 2012 (UTC)
- Since we already had the legacy collapsible script on this wiki I updated the gadget – instead of disabling the gadget and pasting the latest version in Common.js (I reverted these two edits).
- Also (for future reference to Thehelpfulone and yourself) avoid creating new templates that use legacy scripts that already have core equivalents (unless there is a problem with them). You can simply use the class
mw-collapsible(powered by core's jquery.makeCollapsible) instead of the legacy script's class
- As example I converted Template:Collapse top to use this new module that ships with MediaWiki by default and needs no gadget. --Krinkle (talk) 20:27, 25 March 2013 (UTC)