Resolution:Approval of Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines
This proposal has been approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
It may not be circumvented, eroded, or ignored by Wikimedia Foundation officers or staff nor local policies of any Wikimedia project.
|←Resolutions||Approval of Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines||Feedback?→|
|This resolution was approved on March 9, 2023.|
Whereas, in 2020, the Board of Trustees approved the Universal Code of Conduct (“UCoC”) as an enforceable policy across all online and offline Wikimedia projects and spaces;
Whereas, the next phase in UCoC implementation is the promulgation of enforcement guidelines;
Whereas, there was a community vote to approve an initial draft of the UCoC enforcement guidelines in March 2022;
Whereas, though there was a 57% majority of votes approving the enforcement guidelines in 2022, the UCoC project team and Board of Trustees decided to revise the guidelines based on received feedback and hold an additional community vote;
Whereas, following the March 2022, a Revisions Committee comprising volunteers and staff members worked to prepare revised enforcement guidelines; and
Whereas, in the subsequent community vote held in January-February 2023, the revised enforcement guidelines received 76% support;
Now, therefore, it is
RESOLVED, that the Board hereby approves the revised Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines.
- Nataliia Tymkiv (Chair), Esra'a Al Shafei (Vice Chair), Shani Evenstein Sigalov (Vice Chair), Luis Bitenourt-Emilio, Victoria Doronina, Dariusz Jemielniak, Lorenzo Losa, Raju Narisetti, Mike Peel, Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight, Jimmy Wales
- Not present
- Tanya Capuano
- Resolution:Approval of a Universal Code of Conduct (December 9, 2020)
- Resolution:Revising Universal Code of Conduct, September 2022 (September 8, 2022)
- Minutes, March 2022
- 2022 vote on enforcement guidelines (March 2022)
- UCoC Revisions Committee
- Revised enforcement guidelines
- 2023 vote on revised enforcement guidelines (February 2023)