This page has been archived.
Its content is no longer being maintained and is likely out of date.
This page can be relocated to Meta-Wiki.
Tuesday 27 December
A total of 293 donations were made through PayPal on Day 12, yielding the equivalent of $8,333.09 USD; an increase of $2520 over Day 11. The average donation this day was $28.44.
A total of about $37.62 was donated through MoneyBookers since the last update, bringing that total to $810.30. Dexia donations total €276 ($322.26) via 12 donations.
- Day total: $8,692.97
Breakdown of Day 12 PayPal donations:
AUD 138.84 (104.20 USD) CAD 369.82 (304.33 USD) EUR 1,652.61 (2,007.41 USD) GBP 196.25 (351.94 USD) JPY 49,128.00 (443.87 USD) USD 5,121.35 Total 8,333.09 USD
Special thanks to those who gave large donations
An anonymous donor gave the largest donation on this day; $500 USD. Denis Bider gave $365.24, the second highest amount. There were also many donors who gave the equivalent of about $100 or more (listed in no particular order); Emil Vlad, Roberta W. Orr, David Tam, John Gerbracht, Dwayne Pelletier, S Page, Reg Handford, Dallan Quass, and 11 anonymous donors.
- Note: While large donations are great, it should be noted that about 70% of all the money donated to the Wikimedia Foundation comes from donations that are the equivalent of $50 or less and the average donation is about $25.
Selected donor comments
Let's all thank everybody who donated on this day by reading their comments.
- Full listing at: http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/2005q4/index.php/2005-12-27/detail/
- "Wikepedia is the most uesful site next to Google" by anonymous
- "les autres sources de savoir sont toues en train de devenir payantes" by anonymous
- "Macht weiter so! Es ist garnicht so einfach ohne Bezahlung richtige Informationen zu bekommen." by Peter Hammerl
- "Because I know of no better place online" by anonymous
- "To the most important WWW project ever. Well thought and well made" by anonymous
- "If I have a question or an problem - Wikiedia is the solution!! Yes this is the best of the web!!" by Andreas Galster
- "Il gesto e' piccolo ma trovo giusta dare una mano penso che anche una piccola offerta sia utile speriamo che diventi sempre migliore .Continuate cosi'." by alessandro motta
- "Yeah, keep it going, keep it coming ! Support a great cause!" by Iain Davidson
- "THE best online source of knowledge; unsurpassed in quality and content!!" by Roberta W. Orr
- "Here's to the only medium that lets me fix other people's mistakes immediately." by denis bider
- "The technical information available on this site is incredibly thorough and useful." by Randall Huggins
- "Wikipedia makes boring school assignments so easy!" by Marcus Kaplan
- "It's wonderful to be able to enjoy such quality information in such a clean free way. Thank you all!" by anonymous
- "Roll out http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Semantic_MediaWiki !" by S Page
- "Happy to support this excellent project. You are fundamentally changing the way the world gets its information. : )" by anonymous
- "One of the greatest sites ever. Wikipedia is the first place I go to learn about something." by Jonathan Ryan
- "This may be the best thing ever." by Jason Fialkoff
Some of my personal favorites:
- "Wikipedia is better than corn chips, and I really like corn chips." by Chris Kilgour
- "Give until it hurts. That is the only way to free knowlege" by Tarek Fatah
- "Wikipedia is to the 21st Century what the library of Alexandria was to antiquity" by anonymous
- "Once we dreamed The Net would put knowledge at our fingertips. Now, finally, it's true." by Joe Moross
- "Worth so much more than I could ever give..." by John Eubank
- "Together we can build something great." by anonymous
- "Love this thing" by Hiver F Ambroise
-- Daniel Mayer