This page has been archived.
Its content is no longer being maintained and is likely out of date.
This page can be relocated to Meta-Wiki.
Sunday 25 December
A total of 234 donations were made through PayPal on Day 10, yielding the equivalent of $7,167.94 USD. The average donation that day was $30.63.
- Day total: $7,167.94
Breakdown of Day 10 PayPal donations:
AUD 143.20 (107.47 USD) CAD 247.28 (203.49 USD) EUR 1,174.48 (1,426.63 USD) GBP 132.56 (237.72 USD) JPY 42,112.00 (380.48 USD) USD 4,812.15 Total 7,167.94 USD
Special thanks to those who gave large donations
There was a tie for the largest donation made this day; both Larry Skarpness Jr and K J Raymond Wong gave $500 USD. There were also many donors who gave the equivalent of about $100 or more (listed in no particular order); Marcel Duchamp, Daniel Stark, Marco Klaey, Nathan Oravetz, Thomas Azlin, Jack Child, David Harding, and 14 anonymous donors.
- Note: While large donations are great, it should be noted that about 70% of all the money donated to the Wikimedia Foundation comes from donations that are the equivalent of $50 or less and the average donation is about $25.
Selected donor comments
Let's all thank everybody who donated on this day by reading their comments.
- Full listing at: http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/2005q4/index.php/2005-12-25/detail/
- "Wikipedia is the best information resource on the net!" by David Huston
- "Thank you for such a great resource! It's refreshing to see the internet being put to use to serve humanity in a positive way. Keep up the great work!" by anonymous
- "My only wish is for Wikipedia to remain impartial and free from conflict of interests." by K J RAYMOND WONG
- "Ein bisschen Geld für eine große Sache!" by Uwe Schröder
- "This is an amazing concept...all of the world's information in one place" by Hanna Arthur
- "What I have gained from Wikipedia is much more than this donation..." by anonymous
- "Por que el conocimiento sea de todos y para todos." by Eugenio de la Torre Domingo
- "One of the best things happening on Planet Earth right now" by ADRIAN LE GRAND
- "Thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this amazing project" by James Agnew
- "I recommend Wikipedia to my American University students, although I also require alternate sources. Keep up the good work." by Jack Child
- "Wikipedia is brilliant" by anonymous
- "I cannot thank everyone involved with Wikipedia enough.. this is truly one of the greatest ongoing human endeavours of our time.. We can make history,together!" by Matthew Barba
- "Best project in the world" by Juan Bautista Valdés Menéndez
- "Wikipedia forever!" by anonymous
Some of my personal favorites:
- "This is from my girlfriend Jennifer Marcotte who uses wikipedia too regularly to write her university papers." by Alexander Besant
- "Maybe Wikipedia is the first real route to unlocking information for those parts of the world were information is hard to get." by Ber Kessels
- "Amazing, like having a libary on my computer" by Charles Taber
- "The more you know, the more you know that you don't know anything. I once thought that I was the first to realize that. Happy holidays and a great new year to all. If I can do this then so can you." by Larry Skarpness Jr
- "If only I'd had wikipedia when I was a kid." by Danilo Campos
- "Only the educated are free. -- Epictetus" by Benjamin Oakes
-- Daniel Mayer